09 August 2007

there's no such thing as too much christmas

i would just like to let you know that currently (as in, right NOW) i am chewing on a homemade fiberone haystack. and it is the most amazing thing in my life. not only is this one of the best tasting desserts in the WORLD (dont believe me, ask paula davis) but the fact that it traveled over 3000 miles just to get into my belly makes me as happy as a butterscotch-haystack-fed-clam. yep, you heard me.

within the past 2 days i have received 2 packages and 2 postcards. i am the luckiest person ALIVE. i knew the packages were coming but seeing a sign that says "Alycia! You have a package!"...it might as well be Christmas. Yesterday I got a box from my parents, which I knew what it had in it because I told them what I wanted. Still, it was one of the greatest feelings to open it up and find gum and crystal light and my purple pumas! and the running top that i thought i brought but most defintely forgot at home.. AND my tennis magazine. the only thing missing was the popcorn which was confiscated by customs..apparently unpopped popcorn can't make its way into australia (could be pests attached!) and dad included 5$ which at first im like..um...ok.. but then i remembered last semester and all of last year when he'd slip me a 5 or 10 every time he'd drop me off at school. and then i was like, awww. dad. oh! and the reeses! which i ate most of, but i did share some with some aussies who had no idea what they were (those poor souls). australia does not believe in mixing peanut butter and chocolate. search me.

i need to stop eating these haystacks. my body can only handle so much fiber (as i've learned my lesson from, believe me..) and then today i went down and got a package from amanda and george and vito, which they had rushed delivered but got stuck in customs for 4 DAYS. come on australia. get with it. and inside was loads and loads and LOADS of GUM every single flavor that i havent had in forever and australia does not believe in making. so keep your extra, australia. your gum sucks. God bless the USA and our 029850928 flavors of bubblegum. and, also inside, still fresh and tasty, the butterscotch fiber one haystacks.. mmm.. these are so good. i love my sister, the girl can cook. i've eaten like 6 already. but i missed lunch, so, oh well. i'm clearly on like a sugar high right now.. true story. nutrigrain cereal is pretty much amazing (cant get it back in the states) and its also one of the only cereals here that has sugar in it. so when i was talking about how much i love it, the reactions i got in return were "but theres so much sugar in it!" clearly, they have never heard of a little gem called "cinnamon toast crunch." or "reese puffs - the candy you eat for breakfast!"

ok! NO MORE FIBER ONE HAYSTACKS! save them! that is my problem.. i get so excited by american food that i kind of just gobble it all up right away. and then it's sad. true story: send more packages. Oh! and, the 2 postcards were from gil, from disney world.. how jealous am i. and i wasn't expecting them at all, so that made it infinitely times better. seriously. all this love from home and how am i supposed to want to stay here?

the answer to that: tim tams. it's the timtams, people.

oh, my belly. so much fiber.

1 comment:

pmd5 said...

mmmmm fiber one haystacks, a fantastic choice no doubt... i'm salivating right now thinking about them... mmmmmmmmm